What is CEI Approval Drawings?
We believe that solar is for everyone, whether you are residential solar, commercial, or industrial solar. No permits i.e., CEI drawing approval, would be needed if you are going to install an off-grid solar PV system or grid-connected system for captive (self) consumption. Only for net metering and gross metering system, certain permits and approvals are required, and CEI drawings are needed. Let’s see what’s CEI approval drawings works.
For Net & Gross Metering
- Approval from DISCOM for grid connectivity.
- CEIG (Chief electrical inspector to the gov of state) approval for the capacity of more than 10 KW. (This capacity may vary from state to state).
For Detailed Process
- Submission of application to your local distribution company with details of the rooftop project planned along with the required permit fee.
- The distribution company will conduct a feasibility analysis of the rooftop solar PV project. Based on the report, the Distribution Company will approve or reject the proposal.
- After receiving the approval from the distribution company (“DISCOM”), an application for registration of the rooftop project is to be submitted to the DISCOM.
- An interconnection agreement is additionally to be executed between the project owner and DISCOM.
Your solar system installer will either guide you on these processes or will take up ownership to take care of this process.
CEI Approval Drawings
The most challenging and difficult process while installing the solar panels is getting approvals from CEI. However, CEI drawings include
- Single Line Diagram is showing the interconnection in-between the different solar components. These components, including all the wiring, conduit, voltage, amperage, and voltage drop calculations.
- Earthing is used to protect you from an electric shock and also protects your system from damage. Lightning Arrestor (LA) layout shows the location of the LA in your project.
- Equipment layout gives you the exact idea related to types of equipment and at what price equipment is used.
- AC/DC cable sizing gives information related to the sizing of cables with our exact calculations. In addition to these calculations, a proper AC/DC cable sizing diagram is being prepared in Autocad.
- ACDB (Alternating current Distribution box) design shows distribution board (also known as panelboard or breaker panel) is a component of an electricity supply system. It divides an AC electrical power feed into subsidiary circuits while providing a protective fuse or circuit breaker for each circuit.
- DCDB (Direct current Distribution box) design shows a distribution board (also known as panelboard or breaker panel) is a component of an electricity supply system. It divides an electrical power feed into subsidiary circuits while providing a protective fuse or circuit breaker for each circuit.
This combined ACDB/DCDB design is an important part of the SPV system. It gives extra protection to the system in case of failures on the load side. These are made up of breakers, isolators, voltage and current monitoring, etc.
We will be happy to help you get the approvals fast and save you a lot of time and effort, so give us a call during our business hours to discuss turnaround time and cost for your city permitting issuance.